Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Challenge: 30 in 30!

6x6  oil                     Take Five         click image to enlarge
Happy New Year to you all!  A painting pal, Linda Yoder, told me about this painting challenge: paint 30 paintings in 30 days. (Bet you thought I was going to try and lose 30 in 30!  ha...not!)  It's about getting into your studio and painting...and having fun.  The best part--there are no rules!  If you miss a day, do it the next; if you fall behind because life gets in the way, just pick it up when you can.  This challenge was initiated by palette-knife painter Leslie Saeta via her blog.  Over 230 painters have signed up.  If you want to check click here:http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.com/    Be patient - it takes a few seconds for all the paintings to load.


2 comments:

Fay Terry said...

Hi Mary, nice painting for the challenge. I enjoyed browsing your blog, too.
The challenge is fun, I love seeing the great variety of subject matter and style.

Mary Valente said...

Thanks so much Fay...doubly because I thought, with SO many entries who will ever fall across mine? It's great to know that folks are checking things out. And so that took me to YOUR blog. Omgosh - LOVE this gift box -it is gorgeous. Then I scrolled and was happy to see that you, like me, enjoy painting many different subjects. Some of my local friends are 'dedicated' - paintings one genre for about 95% of their work (i.e. landscapes or figures). What's the fun of being a painter if you can't experiment?! Happy New Year to you - and thanks for the note.