Monday, January 14, 2013

oil 6x6                      Ethan & Ama              click image to enlarge
My bad! I am a couple days behind on my challenge postings.  Painted this yesterday and will post a drawing I sketched in the car on the way to a family birthday dinner Saturday. Weekends are a challenge; you'd think it would feel like extra time but there's always to many things to fit in.

Meet my grandson Ethan and his dog Ama...on one of their after-school walks.  It was fun painting these two - each stroke feels so much more personal than when I'm painting a still life or something I'm not emotionally connected too. (remember to tilt the screen if it's not sharp; it's hard to photo oiil paint when it's wet -lots of glare). 


2 comments:

Cathy Engberg said...

Very nice Mary! I like the temperature changes on his skin.

Darla McDowell said...

I love this painting, Mary. Your colors are so pretty, and I can feel the warmth of the light you captured. Well done!

And don't feel badly about being a little behind on your posts. I am, too. All that matters is that we are painting. And enjoying it. So, hang in there, okay? Talk to you soon. :)