Friday, January 4, 2013

2 down; 28 to go....

   5x7"  oil        Take Five (ii)     click to enlarge
Yup-you're right. This is the same subject as yesterday - is that cheating?  I decided to do it again because yesterday, in my haste to get my first piece done by the deadline, I realized too late that I wasn't able to to fit the little dancer's feet in the composition without scrunching-up her proportions..so it became a 'close-up' (artistic license ;-).   Love her stance.   I chose a different shape canvas board (5x7 today), made it much easier to get the proportions right.

BTW: A friend wrote to say she is not getting email updates of my blog for some reason; I didn't get my own from yesterday's painting.  Can you comment below (or email me) to confirm you are getting this?  I'll have to figure that those who don't respond are not.  Hmmmm...it's always something. 

Since I started a day late on the 30/30 challenge, does it mean I only have to do 29?  Aww..may as well go for the full 30.  Didn't think about the fact that it means weekends too.  Well, barring any big conflicts....



No comments: