Tuesday, January 8, 2013

On the Porch.....6th of 30

5x7" oil on paper   On The Porch   click to enlarge

If you recall, I named this 30/30 challenge series: Everything But the Kitchen Sink. Well, in need of a subject for today's entry..and not wanting to resort to painting the sink (yet!) ...I grabbed a photo from our recent trip to Mendocino and used myself for the subject.  Happy memory - sitting on a porch at the inn, overlooking the ocean, on our 20th anniversary.  hmmm think she needs some features?Maybe I'll add them later today..

4 comments:

Darla McDowell said...

Beautiful self-portrait, Mary! I think it is perfect just as it is...I love your confident brushwork. Well done!

Fay Terry said...

Hi Mary, I did get your email and thanks so much. I LOVE this painting today. I don't think features are needed, the body language says it all. Great colors, and brush work, it's perfect!

Cathy Engberg said...

This is great! I love how you were able to stay loose and keep things simple. What a wonderful self portrait! Love it!

Mary Valente said...

Appreciate all your supportive comments! And that you all are checking in. This challenge is really a challenge, no!?