Monday, January 7, 2013

Oldies But Goodies (ii)....... 5 / 30

oil on paper           Oldies But Goodies (ii)        click to enlarge
See the tin? It's a cast-away from hubbies tea addiction :-) He loves to try a zillion different loose teas --they come in assorted tins with lovely labels....make perfect brush holders.  Today I again painted on a torn-edge archival paper.  I like the affect of the torn edge - you usually set it in a floating style frame so the edge of the paper shows.  Here it's just laying against a white board I had in the studio. hmmm as a look at it I think I need to soften the shadow of the palette knife.  Back to work I go...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is lovely! Well done

Unknown said...

Lovely, loose painting of such ordinary objects.

Darla McDowell said...

Hi Mary, thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog. The best part of Leslie's challenge is meeting new artists! Your work is fantastic! Keep up the great work!

Unknown said...

This painting is beautiful. I love not only your use of materials but your choice of colors. I agree with Darla. Your work is wonderful and I am grateful to Leslie for introducing me to another wonderful artist.