Wednesday, August 22, 2012

One tomato..two tomatoes

oil 6x6             click image to see details                       
We thought we'd seen the end of our summer  bounty so I did a little study one afternoon and then a new crop appeared. yeah!

Tried some new 6x6 boards - very smooth, Ampersand.  Found I don't' love them; they're just OK.  They drink up paint and dry really fast while I'm trying to paint color into color (or course, that can be good when you want to change something).  Found it harder to make thick brush strokes.

Tried a couple different background colors and angles.  Do you have a favorite?

On the blog images the reds are very different than on the real paintings.  But I'm repeating myself, no?  Reds - what's the deal?


click image to see details  

1 comment:

ale said...

absolutly beautifullll your tomatoes!! muchos besos mary!!!!!!!!!!! ...es hermoso!!!!!!!!!!!!!