Monday, July 5, 2010

One step at a time....

(Chine Red II; acrylic on paper)

Some weeks I think about painting more than I do it - booo. This week I commit to painting every day (once I clean a path in the studio tomorrow!)

Saw an odd, haunting movie recently - "Seraphine" (Netflix) - about a woman's passion for making art in spite of her circumstances. Many things to soak up in this movie. One point that particularly struck me is that she just let her art flow - no formal lessons, no thought about a 'right vs wrong' way to paint. She had the urge to paint and she did it- she had no choice really. With little or no money she found ways to make 'paint'...no Winsor-Newton tubes to buy readily! Her originality is what made her art special. Pretty inspirational. Let me know if you have any other art movies to recommend...

Got a couple new class dates scheduled. I'll post them in a day or two.


No comments: