Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Cherry-licious... thanks to Fern!

"Cherry-licious" 6x6" oil on panel. Thanks to you you all for the fun titles for yesterday's painting: Compassion, Red Jubilee, Starting Life, Cherrilicious, the Huddle and Cherry Hug ---all terrific titles. Pulling out of a hat, the winner is...(ta-da) "Red Jubilee". Thanks Marilyn G.!

Since there were so many cute titles to choose from, I chose another one for today's painting -- Cherry-licious, from Fern N (I made a letter change - OK?) By the way, the back wall is grayish in the orig.; go figure!
So you're off the hook for this one. Watch for another "name that painting" image later this week. .

Painter's (Green) Tip: Make friends with those old scruffy crusty brushes and save them from the dump. You can get some great affects with frumpy brushes. They are wonderful for making uneven, squiggly lines and edges, 'carving' marks in thick paint, etc. When I'm stumped with a painting that seems to be overworked or going down a dead end, I grab one of my old brushes and redraw or just put some color on and enjoy the unpredictable. I used two rough one today to create an edge that I didn't want to look rigid.

No comments: