Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Messerschmitt ~1956



Came across a photo of this little cutie and had to paint it. What a cool little car; bet it would be a kick to drive it around.  And I'd keep that little luggage case on the back - sort of jaunty, no?   I admit, though, that the three wheel design gives me pause.  I read that this and a variety of models were designed by Fritz Fend and built by an airplane manufacturer. A trivia fact about this car is that one of my favorite people is a Messerschmitt! Wonder if any connection.....

Acrylic, 8x10" panel  Auction begins Jan. 9 here

2 comments:

Linda said...

This is adorable! did you take the photo? if so, where did you take it? The reflections under the wheels are fabulous!

Mary Valente said...

THanks Linda, I didn't take the photo; came across it in some archived photos. I think it was past the copyright time, i.e. public domain.