Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A jug of wine and thou...

         A Jug and Fruit  acrylic, 24x14"

Music, paint, a few brushes ...and off we go.  No subject set up, just put brush to canvas and see where it goes. That's how I approach my abstracted still life and landscape work. And that's how this was painted. Unlike when I get real real and go for the detailed, more traditional style.

Busy getting ready to spend a few days in Tustin with my painting buddy, Linda.  Our plan is to paint daily -mixing up skill-building exercises along with trying out new styles. Of course, we'll manage a bit of gallivanting but the beauty is that we'll be painting, talking painting and getting out to see some art.  Too fun.

So probably won't blog next week.  But will get something up before my next class at College of Marin, March 24.  If you are free, join us.



No comments: