Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Almost...but not quite done....

32"x32"  acrylic            Monte Carlo Tulip              Click image to enlarge
So this is about 90% done.  I know I want to change something but not quite sure what, so I'll let it 'simmer' for a week or so...and it'll tell me what it needs.  It's a big painting, almost 3' each direction. Big paintings often need that time.  Working on them up close is very different than when you step back about 15-25 feet or more. I'll hang it, look at it each time I pass it.  I think it has to do with the background (in person, it's lighter than this photo); I'll probably smooth it out a bit more, warm up the blue a little and maybe go even lighter.    I did a small version a few weeks ago, thought I'd try it big....   Any suggestions?  

No comments: