Monday, May 10, 2010

The morning after...

(double click to enlarge image)
Open Studios was a great, weekend long party! Said goodbye to several of my favorite paintings - happy they are finding good homes.

As I looked around the gallery, it occurred to me that visitors may wonder if I'm not a bit schizophrenic: a photorealistic white tulip, an loosey-goosey landscape - or, like "Just a Whisper" (left ), an impressionistic piece with abstract tendencies, all coming from one painter?

Eventually a couple folks did ask about the varied range of styles and I tried to explain it with music: one day I'll put on something quiet, soft and classical - a strong quarter or acoustic guitar; the next day I could be blasting Brazilian jazz. Viva la' difference I always say....

SO - if you ever have an idea for new subjects that I might want to tackle - send them along!
Thanks to ALL who helped make these Open Studios such a fun experience.



No comments: