Monday, October 27, 2014

set up an art studio - any time, any place

Of course, it's great to have a room dedicated as your art studio --no worries about spilled paint etc. But  even if you don't have one, you shouldn't let that stop you from painting.  In class Saturday, more than one student mentioned the lack of having a studio/garage/dedicated room to paint in.  I want to encourage you not to let that keep you from painting.

Though I do have a studio, once in awhile I want to work on something at home.  We've been living in a temporary apartment for a couple of months and have lots in storage. While I have very little here here- it only took minutes to convert a space for a couple of hours painting.

I use the kitchen counter or table top (even couple tv trays would work), some grocery ads fliers that come in the mail, a small table-top easel,  brushes, paint, rags or paper towels, and water or mineral spirits for cleaning up depending on if I'm painting with oil or acrylic paint.  Here's what it looked like today.


(click for larger image)


Granted, didn't get very far on this piece. I don't have the original items anymore so just used it as a practice to get the metal of the bowl to glow.  I'll probably wipe off the board and begin a new painting.  

This is the same set-up I use occasionally when we're traveling.  So ....no excuses.  Get painting!

No comments: