Monday, April 14, 2014

Aeroskobing....finished in time for Open Studios



I'm preparing for two full weekends of Open Studio in May - going through my inventory, framing etc. Came across a half done painting...!  Had fun finishing up Sunday evening.  I painted this from a photo we took in Aeroskobing, Denmark almost 10 years ago. We were biking around the island Easter week - you can tell how verdant and lush it is. A magical place; like a fairy tale ...culturally preserved much as it was when first built up in 1800: thatched roof cottages, farmland, sheep everywhere.  Danish high school students spend several months on the island learning their history and cultural traditions.

Marin Open Studios-   May 3&4 and then again May 10&11.  In my home studio.  Do come!  I'll be sending out invites in the next few days.  If you don't get one by Wednesday - let me know.

No comments: