Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Patti Mollica's Workshop. Great fun!




Just back from a three-day workshop taught by Patti Mollica.  She's delightful and an especially good teacher.  Rather than just do a demo and expect the students to 'get it', she uses very specific exercises to convey specific techniques....which I can use at home too.
Today I did a couple studies using one of the exercises from the class:  defining light/middle/dark values and painting with limited strokes.   Also working with a much wider brush.
The workshop was in Carmel Valley - gorgeous area and great weather. My friend Linda from southern California joined came up for the class ..plus I met a bunch of new painters, including one gal who lives just down the road.  I got a lot out of this class - including some special memories.

No comments: