Thursday, February 13, 2014

An Experiment with a fun result


Take a long, floppy flat brush.  Add acrylic paint and plenty of water. When you touch the paper the bristles splay out, flatten floppily--as the brush decides what marks it'll make versus the ones you intended. Like painting with an old kitchen mop.  Great Fun!!  This took about 10 minutes, if that.  I'm not presenting this as a "finished painting"...just the result of my quick experiment.  It's a technique used many years ago in a Bob Burridge class.  Painted on gessoed watercolor paper.  Will try it on board and canvas.

On a personal note - yesterday brought yet another birthday.  A fun day, a full mailbox, ending with dinner by Phil and my daughter's family.  Topped off, literally, with scrumptious, homemade banana-split treats:  marshmallow, chocolate sauces, praline and strawberry toppings along with the traditional whipped cream and nuts. So Sweet! (pun intended :-)   And, I got my own set to devour over the next few weeks.... Not only am I older - I'm fatter today! (Notice the chalk-board labels.  Really, you write w chalk.  Cool and reusable.)

No comments: