Thursday, July 25, 2013

Red, White & Blue Bowls



Just back from Zion Ntl Park with my daughter, her hubby and our two grandkids. What a blast.  My first time there - what was I waiting for?!  Absolutely Gorgeous.  Lots of hiking, swimming, exploring.  I was worried about the desert in July but with all the waterfalls, rivers, ponds and cascades --no problem.  I was amazed to find most of the visitors were not U.S. folks but from Belgium, Germany, Britain (those not waiting for 'the' baby to be born) and Holland.

Tumbling Bowls is from the abstracted still life series I did awhile back (see last post).  You can tell I was in a whimsical mood when I painted these.  Really enjoyed working with the bright, happy color combos.  It's set in a walnut shadow-box frame.    (note - the background is whiter than shown on the screen; not sure what is causing the blueish cast)

This one will auctioned - so get in on the fun.   Minimum bid $100.
See here for details:     http://www.dailypaintworks.com/buy/auction/148946


No comments: