Sunday, September 16, 2012

Take Two! Second Sept. class

Am I painting?  Yes - however teaching has begun to be more and more a part of my schedule.  I've got a kayak/house scene I'll post next time.  Part of the Balboa Island work I'm doing.

Saturday, once again, I taught "Get Ready to Pain" class this month. And, once again, my students filled the room with bubbly enthusiasm and a fearless (well, almost...) spirit of adventure to the glass.

It turned out not all were novices (class is designed for newbies).  A  couple have painted quite a bit- just went for it on their own, no training ; one  has a BFA and has been an illustrator.  Another has painted in water color and wanted to try acrylics.  (shh, don't tell ..but I was a bit intimidated to learn how advanced my group was! ) But they assured me they really did want the basics and to fill in some blanks that were missing. 

It turned out marvelously. They especially enjoyed color mixing...it was hard to get them to go on to the next exercise.  It's really fun to mix paints and see how many versions you can create in one hue. 

We had a great day together. Don't take my word for it; check out these photos). 
The photos are from their color charts. (Gals, please forgive; I'm not the best photographer)










No comments: