Friday, September 16, 2011

Flowers...and sales

These little flowers were the last from a big bouquet; wish I knew what they are.  The background is a greenish blue -- you may be able to tell if you tilt your screen a bit.  Oil on board. 6x6"  Can't figure a name - ideas?

$$$.  Making art can be so expensive. Just thought I'd give those of you who have taken up art recently a heads-up about the back-to-school sales that are going on through the end of Sept.   While I usually shop local art stores, I was curious about the on-line store sales.  I compared buying 5 items at two on-line stores.  The same 5 items were about $50 at Blick Art, about $114 on another site.  Riley's and other local stores are also having good sales.  Up to 60% off their normal prices. So if you need to stock up, now may be a good time.

No comments: