Sunday, September 11, 2011

"Best Buddies"

"Best Buddies" Acrylic on paper. a 20 min study.

Hey, remember me? Bet you thought I'd quit blogging. Don't know how many of you are still receiving these...hopefully some of you are still "out there"?

Over the summer, I posted a few of the 2011 series I'm working on...the abstracted florals. But, to fess-up, I had a light painting schedule. Busy summer - with a couple little local trips, lots of special time with my two grandkids... Now it's fall and I'm jumping back in.

Warm-up activities: The little painting here was done Friday -- 20 minute exercise. An art pal and I have giving set up a schedule of exercises we'll each do every week. It's a great way to hone technique. Like practicing piano scales or tennis forehand. To paraphrase what every painter knows - you have to put in the hours; you have to paint hundreds of paintings to be really competent.


Today I taught a class at the local jc and it was a blast. Had about 15 students - who knew that Sunday was a great day to teach. Makes sense; people are not at work. Everyone in this class was so very enthusiastic about starting their painting journey. Some are delving into abstracts; others plein air, still life, figure... some start their first 'real' class tomorrow! I forgot to take a photo of the class - sorry about that.

No comments: