Friday, February 18, 2011

Keller Grand Opening & reception recap

SO! Have any of you painters/students tried the 15 minute challenge? I confess, I hadn't done it in awhile so yesterday, before I began work on my current piece, I did three 15-min. studies; used a lemon. It's gets you revved up, for sure. Tell me, via comments below or emails, when you try it; do you like it?

A couple of blogs below I told you about the Grand Opening Reception for der Keller: the new furniture/artisan store on Fourth Street. It was a great event - lots of amazing food and fun people.

That's me in front of 'Whisper I' - one of my larger pieces-pieces 60x40 -- Painting big is a challenge but I enjoy it a lot You have to have enough info that the eye of the viewer travels around the work rather than just to one place. Soon...... Mary

1 comment:

stevenjared0853 said...

Glad to know about this opening reception. Couple of months ago, I arranged my product launching event at an amazing Chicago event venues. Arranged displays which were quite good and everyone liked their designs very much. It was a grand event.