Thursday, October 15, 2015

THANK YOU ALL!

My painting pal Linda Yoder wrote today with this surprising bit of news "You knw, for years I hit 'reply' and commented on your work.never, of course, knowing that you weren't getting my comments."  ??!!

I immediately went roaming around Blogspot and on the Design page, lo and behold, the comments are bountiful - how sad that I never saw them.  They don't show up below my posts nor do they come to me via email.  Oye!  I'll try and figure it why this is. 

So very belatedly - thanks for all your comments and support over the years!!
 

          4x8"      Homage a Qiang Huang    oil

This is a trolley I did awhile ago.  The original was painted by the very talented Qiang Huang.   I found it such a delightful piece I decided to paint it as a learning experience and a 'homage'.  I made minor changes but Qiang had done all the work -- creating the composition, working out the values etc.  My goals was to work on new brush strokes, figure out how to loosen edges, paint some perspective. I thought I'd post it just to keep with the vehicle theme I've had going this week.

No comments: