Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Who? ..me...



So serious.... what's that about?  I had a really fun time with this project even if it doesn't look like it.   My painter pal Linda was visiting this weekend -- we created a 'self-portrait' challenge Sunday.   I decided to play with color and values rather than go with traditional flesh tones.  My grandson's response: "It's good Nona...it looks like an alien. (then quickly...A good alien."!
Why so serious?...had a hand-mirror set up right next to the canvas board on the easel.  Eyes going back and forth - intent on finding the planes/values/soft and hard edges.  So focused on working things out - you forget to smile are yourself (plus you feel a bit silly smiling into a mirror all afternoon)  And yes..I did ignore many of those 'laugh' lines... :-)

No comments: