Monday, October 15, 2012

Round Two in Blue....

                        Lia with Mollie in Blue - a study  click to enlarge
I know, I know - you saw Lia and Mollie last post.  I painted another version - it's helpful to use the same subject to play with different approaches and styles.  Yesterday was the actual setting - the bushes and deck.  But there are so many ways to paint a subject... from photo-realistic (which I don't do but admire) to totally abstraction ( something I do rarely).  This is somewhere along that continuum.  The darker areas of the background are the dark shadows in the little bush behind them; the light is where the sun was hitting the outer leaves.  An added plus -knowing your subjects makes for some fun painting.  If you prefer one over the other...  let me know.

No comments: