Thursday, June 14, 2012

Comfy....Countdown




These pillows are calling to me; a little power nap sounds so tempting. By tomorrow (Friday) this time (5:25 p.m.) 200 intrepid sculptors, jewelers and painters (me too) will be putting the final touches on our booths in anticipation of this weekend's festival.  Not unlike Christmas, you always say you'll start earlier and be chillin' by the fire (deck) happily waiting for the festivities to begin.  And, just like Christmas, here I am, shopping for last minute items and brushing wet paint on my sign, with several to-do entries still not crossed off my list... knowing that, in no time at all, it'll be Saturday, the gates will open and I'll just have to say "OK it's time - ready or not!" 

Having a deadline is a good thing.  I've painted more in the last six months than I did all the year prior.  After being ill much of 2011, painting was a major draw to get me back in the swing of things again- like a good good friend, always there for me.  I wish, for each of you, something your passionate about to make life a little richer.



No comments: