Monday, April 23, 2012

Save the Date &....yet another poppie painting

    7x24   acrylic              Two Poppies on Red          click to enlarge
First off..Save the Date(s):   June 16 or 17....

Why?        Well, if you are free, I'm hoping you will drop by and visit me at the Marin Arts Festival.
I'll have a booth both days with a lot of the paintings I've been posting here...and more.  This annual festival in San Rafael great fun-- eclectic music, yummy food and a variety of pottery, jewelery, paintings and much more.  More details as we get closer. You can check out the festival site here
http://www.marinartfestival.com/

Secondly...thought I'd play with these poppies a bit more, forget about the 'glass' project - just get a little wild with red.  I've not used this size canvas by itself before, though I've done vertical diptychs with two of them.  It was fun to figure out the placement.  I  'zoomed in' visually on the flowers in the vase.  Used my fingers to 'crop' my composition.  More playful, yes?


No comments: