Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Watching Over You

"Watching Over You" 6x6" oil on board.
This little painting was 'done' a few weeks ago - or so I thought.  But, as I glanced at it in my studio I kept thinking it needed something - like when you taste what you're cooking and think it needs a tad more salt or chili pepper....  


Today I  put it back on the easel and pushed the shadows and brights a bit more - and now I'm happy with it.  It's a "value" thing.  Without some strong value contrast a picture can have all the right colors but not be much fun.  I think that dark shadow on the wall makes everything work a lot better.  I'm ready to call it finished now.

One of these days I'll invest in good photo lighting and a better camera so that what I post is as clear as the real thing....  Maybe I should put that on my Christmas List!





No comments: